Again, despite fears to the contrary, we did not starve on Thanksgiving!
Ray and Shirley recently returned from Hawaii, Sam flew in from San Francisco… Thanksgiving at our house in Fort Collins in 2016, extending a long tradition of intertwined family holidays.
On The Menu:
Sally and I made..
- Simple Cranberry Sauce (cranberries, sugar, salt, water)
- Grandma Steyer’s sage, onion, apple stuffing (using Italian sourdough bread)
- Best Turkey Gravy (many comments, this was the best ever I made)
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Turkey – a kosher brined, air dried Glatt turkey
- Coconut-Scented Garlic Sweet Potatoes
- Corn Casserole (Sally’s family recipe)
- Moosewood Pumpkin pie (Sally)
Shirley, Sam & Kim made awfully yummy dishes including:
- Sam’s Mashed Potatoes
- Shirley’s signature Stuffing
- Shirley’s Cranberry-orange sauce
- Yang Family Squash Casserole